Our Social Worker
Kia ora koutou katoa!
Thank you all for welcoming me at Fairburn School! I am excited to get to know everyone and become part of the amazing community here at Fairburn.
A little bit about me…
- I was born in England and moved to New Zealand at the age of 3. For 10 years, I was raised in Mt Wellington, Auckland and then moved to Taupō to complete my high school years.
- I studied at the University of Auckland and graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work.
- I have worked in Otāhuhu as a Social Worker in School for the last year and am excited to continue this journey here at Fairburn School.
- I love meeting new people so please drop in and say hello!
SOCIAL WORKERS IN SCHOOLS CAN:
- Work with individuals and also with their whānau or extended whānau
- Work with teachers, public health nurses and other school staff
- Assist with housing/benefits and access to community support and networks
- Offer parenting support
- Discuss legal advice
- Support referrals to community-based services such as counsellors
- Provide group programmes to support students at school
- Offer advocacy support to young people and families Our social workers can help with issues including bullying, peer pressure and relationships, family relationships, pregnancy, domestic violence, drug and
For more information please visit the following sites: